COVID-19 Assistance to the Public for 2018 Non-Filers

Some of the benefits being made available in the federal government’s COVID-19 aid package are being made through the GST/HST Credit system or through CRA, meaning you may (we don’t know yet, details are still vague) need to have filed your *2018* taxes to be paid these. Craig Burley is offering free public assistance to low-income people to help them with this “catch-up”.

I am a tax lawyer with experience assisting people with these matters. If you are low-income and have not filed your 2018, you can E-MAIL for free help doing so. (There may be delays of a┬áday or two in responding.) We can also possibly help you re-activate your Social Insurance Number to do so if you’re a long-time non-filer! There are regular 2019 and 2020 benefits you’re missing out on as well if you have not filed 2018, and if you file 2018, government can pay those to you now also!

We can’t help with 2019 filings, but those have long extensions now. This is for 2018 non-filers to get caught up and hopefully access their benefits, and these new enhanced benefits! GET YOUR MONEY.

NOTE 2020-03-20: this service is remote-only please! Do not visit the offices, which are CLOSED to the public through this period and will be closed altogether as of Monday. Please E-MAIL me only in order to receive service! I am sorry to serve in this way but we must reduce our possible transmission vectors even further!

Written by Craig Burley

Craig is a tax lawyer in private practice in Hamilton, Ontario. Call Craig at (905) 296-3378 to discuss issues that you think may need independent tax advice. In addition to tax, Craig writes and works publicly on a number of other issues related to law, justice, and public affairs.